Can I use my existing PC equipment? Do I need to change modems or routers?

Last Updated: 1st of August, 2013

You can use your existing PC equipment, however there is no need for an analogue modem. You will need an Ethernet card if your PC does not already have one. The data connection plugs into the Ethernet that comes installed on most PCs. Note some older PCs may not have an Ethernet card: If you are not sure of whether or not your PC has an Ethernet card contact the retailer who sold it to you.

Other Ethernet devices can also be used such as wireless access points, routers for office networks, IP phones, video phones or phone converters.